BAG EXPRESS SRL PRIVACY INFORMATION FOR THE PROTECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
1. Purposes, methods of data processing and categories of personal data
Bag Express, as Data Controller and / or Sub-Manager of the Processing, collects and processes your personal data, using both manual and computerized and / or telematics methods, pursuant to EU Regulation 679/2016 (“Regulations”), Legislative Decree 196/03 and to subsequent additions and amendments (“Privacy Code”).
Your personal data are collected and processed also via the website www.bagexpress.eu, to provide the luggage transport service offered by Bag Express.
Your data will be:
- processed lawfully and fairly;
- collected and recorded for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes, and used in other processing operations in terms that are compatible with these purposes;
- correct and, if needed, updated;
- relevant, complete and in relation to the purposes for which they are collected and processed;
- the personal data that we collect is kept in a form which permits the identification of data subjects for no longer than it is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are collected, and in any case not longer than as specified by the relevant applicable laws.
In particular, your data will be processed for the following purposes:
- Activation and management of online services and tools offered by the site (e.g. registration, account creation, baggage shipment, track your baggage, Bex magazine, newsletter subscription, personal area, call request, ask for a coupon, etc.) and of the related administrative-accounting purposes:
in consideration of these purposes, the legal basis for the processing of your personal data is represented by the execution of the transport service of the baggage expressly requested by you which may be partially carried out by Bag Express commercial partners operating in the courier sector, maritime, aerial or land transports, shipping and postal. Your name and shipping address may also be visible to third parties thanks to the shipping label that will be stuck on your baggage.
- Sending information and communications, including promotional messages, via e-mail to the address you provided, also via DEM platforms (e.g. Mail Up) or review platforms (e.g. TrustPilot), regarding new services offered by Bag Express. In this case, the legal basis for processing your personal data is represented by the legitimate interest of Bag Express to send informative communications about similar services, pursuant to the article n. 47 of the Regulation: therefore, your consent is not necessary, but you may at any time object to the processing of personal data.
- Subject to your consent, implementation of marketing activities, such as sending informative and promotional material and commercial communications regarding Bag Express services and / or products. The purposes will be carried out using both automated and non-automated methods (e.g. email, sms, ordinary mail etc.). In this case, the legal basis for processing your personal data is represented by your free and optional consent. It will be requested at the bottom of the relative data collection form. You can choose to revoke it at any time (even partially in relation to the different contact methods) without, however, affecting the possibility of using the services offered by the site and by Bag Express.
- To pursue the legitimate interests of Bag Express and / or third parties (including Bag Express’s commercial partners), such as, for example, the right of defense before a court, correct billing, handling of complaints and controversy, the prevention of fraud and / or illegal activities, which according to the assessments of Bag Express do not prevail over your fundamental rights and freedoms and which represent the legal basis of the treatment.
- For purposes related to the execution of legal obligations, national and EU regulations as well as regulations derived from instructions issued by authorities legally authorized to do so, which represent the legal basis of the processing.
Give your personal data is always optional. However, if you decide not to provide them, the whole services, or part of them, may not be executed.
In the registration form, there are specific bold fields used to indicate that the collection of those data is essential for the fulfillment of the service. If you do not provide these data, we will not be able to complete the requested service and you could not take advantage of the opportunities connected to it.
On the other hand, you can choose not to provide the data required in not bold fields. Likewise, the provision of your consent for marketing activities and the sending of promotional communications by the Company and / or third parties is entirely optional and failure to provide the same will in no way preclude registration on the site or the possibility of take advantage of the related services.
Furthermore, the Company, through the website, can also collect data that you have not provided spontaneously because the acquisition is automatic and implicit in the use of the website, in particular:
2. Navigation data
When you visit the website, it collects some data such as the pages viewed, the links or buttons clicked, the date and time of access, the IP address, the browser and the operating system used. The navigation data could allow the identification of users also through processing and association with data held by third parties. However, Bag Express uses this data for the sole purpose of obtaining statistical and anonymous information on the use of the site.
Bag Express also maintains the track (LOG) of the connections / navigations you have made in order to respond to any requests from the judicial authority or other public body entitled to request this track..
3. Collection of personal data through cookies
Technical cookies are essential to allow users to move around the site and to use its features, such as accessing restricted areas of the site (e.g. registration, authentication). On the website www.bagexpress.eu the technical cookies are associated with the user’s computer in order to facilitate, customize and speed up browsing on the site (for example, keeping the user’s profile updated and speeding up access to the registered areas ). These cookies are strictly necessary and are used to store the information in order to manage and identify the user as unique, allowing the site to remember the user’s choices (e.g. user name, language, country of origin, etc.), to distribute requests on multiple servers, etc. If you decide to disable these cookies, you will lose most of the site’s features and some services may not work, as they should.
Analytical third-party cookies
Profiling, marketing and retargeting cookies of third parties.
In addition, you will be able to configure your computer in such a way that it will automatically push away the installation of these files. You can find the instructions in the following paragraph. If you do so, however, you will lose much of the customized functionality offered by our Site.
The user can refuse the installation of cookies by selecting the corresponding parameters in the specific browser options. It should be noted, however, that by disabling all cookies, including technical ones, the user would not be able to take full advantage of certain site functions.
The user can select the specific browser parameters to avoid the activation of cookies, in the following ways:
- Select “Tools” menu and then “Options”
- Click on “Microsoft Privacy”
- Select “Tools” and then “Internet Options”
- Click on “Privacy”
- Choose the privacy level you want
- Select “Tools” and then “Settings”
- Click on “Show advanced settings”
- In the “Privacy” section, click on “Content Settings”
- Select “File” and then “Preferences”
- Click on “Privacy”
The site www.allaboutcookies.org contains instructions for managing cookies on the most popular browsers; alternatively you can consult the documentation attached to the software used on your device.
4. Bag Express App
You can freely decide to give or not your consent to data processing but this will not affect the use of the services offered by the App. Moreover, as explained in detail in the par.1, Bag Express may send you information and communications, including promotional messages, via e-mail to the address you provided, regarding new services offered by Bag Express and the App. You can choose not to receive these messages at any time.
The App can also make use of some information automatically generated to collect statistics anonymously and take the necessary actions to improve the functionality of the App and the security of the platform.
The App does not require the GPS coordinates of the device. It will be acquired only if you have activated the option on the device. Moreover, the App does not have access to the information included in the calendar, in the address book or in the contact list of the device.
The App will retain the information acquired for the period necessary to provide the services, the related support and for the functionality of the App itself, unless a longer period of retention is required or permitted by law.
5. Data communication
The data you provide as well as those collected by the site as part of the related services (e.g. IP address) will not be disclosed or may be disclosed, even abroad in non-EU countries, exclusively for the purposes and methods described above, to the individual categories indicated below:
- collaborators, consultants or freelancers that Bag Express uses to perform technical or organizational tasks (such as IT service providers), or with whom Bag Express collaborate to provide their own services, to send informative and promotional material related to the services offered by Bag Express;
- people, companies or professional offices that provide assistance to Bag Express, with particular reference to accounting, administrative, legal, tax and financial matters;
- Bag Express commercial partner companies, to ship your baggage;
- Bag Express commercial partner companies for the marketing purposes described above, when required by law, subjected to the user consent;
- individuals whose right to access the data is recognized by law or by order of the authorities. Your personal data may be communicated to companies territorially competent for the management of Bag Express courier services and, possibly, in the exceptional case of international shipments of baggage to non-EU States, transferred to such non-EU States. In this case, pursuant to art.49 of the Regulation, your consent is not required as the transmission of information is necessary “for the conclusion or execution of a contract stipulated between the data controller and another natural or legal person in favor of the interested party”. If the extra-EU transfer of your personal data does not fall within the hypothesis indicated, Bag Express will adopt the necessary privacy measures to guarantee the legitimacy of such transfers, for example by signing specific contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
The individuals belonging to the above categories will use the data as autonomous data controllers in accordance with the law or as Data Processors duly appointed by Bag Express.
For more information about the individual recipients of the communication, you can write an e-mail to email@example.com.
6. Data retention
The data are processed for the time necessary to provide the services requested and for the activities connected to them, as illustrated in the paragraph 1. They will be cancelled when the purposes, for which they were collected, is reached (including any statute of limitations envisaged by the Civil Code). Instead, the data collected for marketing purposes will be preserved until the eventual deletion; subsequently they can be kept in anonymous form for analysis and statistics purposes.
7. Your rights
You, as an interested party, can exercise at any time, by contacting Bag Express, the rights listed in articles 15 to 21 of the Regulations, and in particular:
- obtain confirmation that the processing of personal data is in progress and, in this case, ask the Data Controller for access to information related to the processing (e.g. purposes, categories of data processed, recipients or recipients categories of data, storage period, etc.);
- request the correction of inaccurate or incomplete data;
- ask the Data Controller for the deletion of data (e.g. if personal data are no longer necessary with respect to the purposes for which they were collected, in the event of revocation of the consent on which the processing is based, etc.);
- request the limitation of the processing (e.g. in case of dispute about the accuracy of the data; if the processing is illegal and you oppose the deletion of personal data; if the data is necessary for the exercise of your right or defense before a court, even if the Owner no longer needs it, in case of exercising the right of opposition, for the time necessary to verify the existence of legitimate reasons).
- receive in a format of common use and readable by an automatic device (e.g. pdf) your personal data and transmit them to another owner, or obtain direct transmission from one owner to the other, if technically feasible (so-called data portability).
You have also the right to object, in whole or in part, for legitimate reasons, to the processing of personal data, as well as the right to object, even partially with respect to the various means of communication, to the processing of personal data for the purpose of commercial information and advertising marketing.
To exercise this right, you can write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, if you believe that the processing of the data provided violates the legislation on the protection of personal data, you have the right to send a complaint to the Guarantor for the protection of personal data (www.garanteprivacy.it).
8. Personal Data Protection Manager
The manager of Personal Data Protection (RDP) for Bag Express, domiciled at the Company Bag Express S.r.l., is reachable at the email address email@example.com.
You can ask for more information by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.