Discover our guides and FAQ
What are the appropriate precautions for shipping luggage?
Download the illustrative pdf to properly prepare your luggage
Remember that the procedures you will read are compulsory!
What can I NOT carry in my luggage if I ship with bagexpress?
Bag Express does not carry luggage containing the following items:
- Fuel system vehicles components which have contained fuel;
- Alarm devices;
- Explosives, including detonators, fuses, mines, grenades, fireworks and pyrotechnics;
- Gas, including propane and butane;
- Flammable liquids, including gasoline and methanol;
- Cooling or stinging liquids and liquids of any kind;
- Coolant and irritating liquid;
- Radioactive material, including medicinal or commercial isotopes
- Flammable solids and reactive substances, including magnesium, ignition devices;
- Corrosive substances, including mercury and vehicle batteries;
- Perfumes, flammable liquid / solid substances, including alcohol greater than 70 degrees
- Magnetizing material;
- Oxidant substances and organic peroxides, including bleach and kit car body repair;
- Toxic or infectious substances, including rat poison and infected blood;
- Underwater flashlight with batteries enclosed;
- Plants, seeds and alive or dead animals;
- Securities and negotiable certificates (bills of lading);
- Currency (cash, coins, credit cards, prepaid cards and travellers cheques)
- Other values not negotiable;
- Material, as defined pornographic or indecent;
- Weaponry material, ammunitions, bullets, firearms and weapons;
- Software, videogames and hardware components;
- Political material;
- Hazardous materials;
- Perishable products;
- Pharmaceutical products in quantities above the client’s personal therapy of 30 days;
- Narcotic drugs and Psychotropic substances;
- Tobacco, alcohol and tobacco products;
- Works of art;
- Cultural heritage in general;
- Metals (gold and silver in any form) and precious stones;
- Documents, calls for public or private tenders, card values, meal tickets and fuel tickets, etc..
- Fragile objects, such as glass, bottles, etc..
- Architectural models;
- Goods subject to customs duty;
- Biological tissues and anatomical parts;
- Ivory and ivory objects;
- Animal skins and furs;
- Computers, photographic equipment, camcorders, mobile phones, tablets, console, videogames, electric and electronic equipment
What happens if my baggage is lost?
Bagexpress has selected the best professionals and has provided itself with control and tracking tools to prevent and avoid the loss of your luggage.
In the event that your luggage is lost, bagexpress will activate a retrieval procedure, also called “tracer”. During this phase we will send requests to all the transit points of your baggage in order to reconstruct the route and find it again.
You can help us during this process by sending us a photograph of your luggage or a detailed description of the shape, color, brand and model and its contents.
The period of discovery can have a duration varying between 10 and 90 days, after which, unless special conditions your luggage will be defined lost.
If you lose your luggage bagexpress does not leave you alone!
Each baggage travels with the guarantee of delivery and you can request from our call center the necessary information to access the facilities provided for in the General Terms of Service
Can I change the delivery address of my luggage?
Changes of the luggages delivery address are always possible and free of charge before the luggage has been picked up by our associate
You can also change the delivery address to luggage already withdrawn at a cost of € 10.00
How does the European service work?
The same as for collections in Italy. We only ask you to enter all the data of the foreign destination with the utmost care and detail: in addition to the address we need a local telephone number with country code, the code for access to the building (if any), the room/floor number and any references on the intercom. All this is to facilitate delivery and enable the collection.
How do you book or buy the Europe service?
You can purchase the service directly on the website or by contacting the call centre on +39 081 19 70 67 11.
Does the Europe service require particular times and procedures?
The service is usually purchased by 17.00 hours the day before collection, just as for shipments departing from Italy. On the indicated day, one of our representatives will show up at the address provided to pick up your luggage. Please keep in mind that the collection and delivery addresses must always be manned. The courier will collect or deliver your bags between 09.00 and 19.00 hours on the agreed date.
Furthermore, check the entry “what are the appropriate precautions”, in this section.. The procedures you find are mandatory.
What is the bagexpress service?
bagexpress offers assistance and facilitates the travel experience for passengers who want to avoid carrying their own luggage. How? Collecting your luggage at home, transporting and delivering it to the intended destination (hotel, house, etc.) within the requested time and in sync with your trip.
What types of luggage can I entrust bagexpress?
bagexpress accepts luggage of any type and size, up to a weight of 40 kg and a maximum of 95 cm length, 60 cm height, 40 cm depth. For any clarification about tariff calculation in relation to weight and size you can find all the information in the specific section on the web site or you can call customer service (+39 08119706711) and speak to one of our staff.
What else can I entrust bagexpress for shipping in addition to luggage?
bagexpress will assist you for transporting any type of luggage shipped by you on your travels. You can also send sports equipment as well as luggage (e.g.: golf clubs, diving equipment, etc.*).
The indications of the size limitations, weight and towns served are included on the site.
For shipments outside standard size, or for any other information you can call the customer service (+39 08119706711) and speak to one of our staff.
* For the complete list and preparation details, please contact the data centre.
Which areas is the service available for?
The countries served by bagexpress, are those of the European Union (EU): Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Czech Rep., Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Czech Rep. Slovakia, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Romania. Therefore, all destinations within the EU can be reached with the exception of: the Channel Islands, the Canary Islands, the cities of Ceuta and Melilla, Madeira, Porto Santo, Malta and Cyprus. Further additions to the service will be announced through the website or directly via email if you are a registered customer.
How long in advance can I schedule a pickup?
From 60 days before until 17:00 hrs on the day before the date you choose for collection. Of course, the collection date is related to the requested delivery date and vice versa. We suggest you arrange for delivery of the luggage at least one day before your arrival, so that it is there waiting for you, not vice versa
What precautions are necessary?
1) Wrap the luggage completely with plastic wrap (also food grade wrap is suitable), including wheels and retractable carrying handle;
2) Attach a luggage tag to the fixed luggage handle (the only part that you can leave outside the cellophane) with your address, including a phone number, name and surname;
3) Put a padlock on the bag’s zip or insert a number combination.
Of course you will have to remove all tags applied previously.
Warning, these procedures are compulsory!
Could I be contacted by the driver to make arrangements for collection/delivery?
The driver is not allowed to make calls. It is essential that the place of collection/delivery is manned from 9:00 to 19:00.
Is it possible to change the delivery day when you make a shipment order?
The delivery day is consequential to that of collection.
If the driver doesn’t find anyone at home on the day scheduled for delivery, are any further attempts made on the following working days.
Can I ship my bike with bagexpress?
bagexpress deals with the shipment of bicycles only if they are properly packed in special containers which preserve their integrity. The optimal solution would be to place the bicycle in a preformed casing (those used in sports) that ensures the stability to avoid any damage.
Can you tell me at what time my luggage will be picked up?
The time slot for collection and deliveries is 9:00 to 19:00.
It is not possible to give you an accurate time because each UPS branch organises its operations daily.